Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pirates!

The Gasparilla invasion in Tampa was the last 2 weeks and the whole family got involved.

We had a blast.

ALL of us. Even the teenager. :-D
We had so many beads when we left that we couldn't even walk with them. Too heavy. We donated enough to make several families happy. We gave them to the Sheriff officers that were hanging out at our 'private party.' What? I didn't mention I was a celebrity? Well - now you know. OK OK - not REALLY a celebrity but I work for one of the biggest companies in the area. It makes me in like Flynn - baby.

They live here

They have the PERFECT view of the parade and opened their home to us. It helps that he's my Uncle. :-D
It also helps that we had this type of service:

Throughout the day the Sheriff's officers made sure that there were several of them around. Not only that but the Chief of Police and the actual Sheriff as well. It was pretty cool. No one messed with us. We got our picture taken by the news crew and check this out.... NO CROWDS....

It was a FANTASTIC day. Now- I know my Uncle doesn't read my blog... but a great big old THANK YOU to them for letting us hang out and showing our whole family a great time. Cousins everywhere that day and we all had a good day.
I just hope the kids don't remember next year and ask to go back, because unless they have a private party again I don't know if I'd want to spend the whole day in that crowd. It was CRAZY busy down there. COOL, fun- but WOW it was busy.  HEHE_ My Hubby is still laughing that out itty bitty non crowd made it on the news. Teehee... I said it's cause we are too cool. *snort* (NOT!)

Couldn't have asked for better weather or nicer company. Pirates. Gotta love 'em!

'Till next time!

Barbie~

1 comment:

  1. Way cool! Golly, I now have a connection with a real celebrity. OK, the connection is very small, but nonetheless.....

    ReplyDelete