Thursday, April 25, 2013

Earth Day...

So, Earth Day came and went. The kids brought home a slash pine. We planted it. The HOA will love that, I'm sure.
 
The next day I was wandering around and there was a bag of pine trees (cedar? spruce?) sitting in a TRASH BAG y'all!
Check it! Here they are when I got them home:
 
I just couldn't let that happen. No way. No how. It's not so much that I'm crunchy, or super green. I mean, I AM green, but I'm not like over the top green. KWIM? But to throw away trees? Nope, not on my watch.
 
So I diverted my trip home to stop by the BOX store. I grabbed a couple bags of soil. A bunch of pots...
 
I don't get home until 6:30 or 7pm mind you, so I sat outside until the mosquitoes carried us away...
 
 
hehe... I told her I'd still use those pictures of her trying not to get her picture taken. LOL.
 
Anyway - I did stay out until dark and I did sustain a few bites. The end result was...
 
30 potted trees waiting for the next trip to Alabama. We also planted about 20 of them at the other house here. Then we called up everyone we knew around the neighborhood and handed them out. :-) All in all we saved about 70 trees. Works for me!
 
Now, To hit up Google to try to get an ID on them. It may be a while before I can get a good ID, but at least I can get a better idea of what to expect.
 
See you soon!
 
Barbie~

No comments:

Post a Comment