Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Invasion!!

It’s the Invasion of the Garden Snatchers!

 

For the last 2 weeks I have been pulling hundreds if not thousands of little green gobblins out of my garden. This is the first year I’ve had this problem. This is the first year I’ve reused my mulch after growing those little bitty Tabasco peppers! Remember pounds and pounds of teeny tiny peppers last year? I made Tabasco sauce and hot pepper vinegar, I dried them, I gave them away and at the end of it all I was thoroughly ill of eating Tabasco peppers. All from one amazing plant.  Well. Teeny tiny peppers get lost in mulch, Don’tchaknow?!

And guess what happens when you then take said mulch and move it around your garden?

 

You get what we have here,

A failure to communicate.

 

I don’t WANT a hundred thousand Tabasco plants this year. Actually, I don’t even want A SINGLE Tabasco plat this year. Thought I’d skip that particular hot pepper this year. HA! Little did I know.  Just a few little pepper lost in the mulch and overwintered would turn into this. UGH> Lesson learned. Mulch is cheap and free. No reason to do this to myself. From now on new mulch. I’m thinking shredded paper actually. It’s something I do NOT have a shortage of around here.

I get the feeling I’ll be murdering another few thousand Tabasco plants around my house this spring and possibly for years to come. So, anyone who wants some – Come and get ‘em! Free for the taking. All you care for! (and then some)

 

‘Till next time!

 

Barbie~

2 comments:

  1. Funny! I noticed a ton of tiny green seedlings that I didn't remeber planting...turns out they're marigolds...EVERYWHERE...I'm letting them do their thing...if I need to plant something where they are...I'll pull them out then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeeze, I thought you had some bugs eating your veggies! I had a few volunteer tomatoes come up this year. I don't have the heart to pull them. I think I'll see what happens with them.

    ReplyDelete