Friday, April 1, 2011

Blooms n things!

Finally the pictures! (from before the 8 inches of rain)

The zucchini is also flowering female flowers now, too. I'll be harvesting in a few days! This harvest Monday won't have it, but maybe next!

There are hundreds of tomato blossoms....

Even on the smaller cloned plants!


Onion flowering seeds

This tomatillo bud is open and the flower is stunning now!

MORE tomato flowers (I am SO not complaining!) For now I only have 5 little marbles hanging on, I did manage to check on this bush after the storm. I was worried the wind knocked off the fruit, and rightfully so. Guess it's a good thing it was flowering so prolifically. It means it will have fruit again in no time. (thank goodness!)



The other citrus finished flowering already, but the key lime continues to set fruit and reflower. It's indoors from November- February so Maybe that has something to do with it?

This avocado was furiously blooming and by the time I got around to snapping the picture the flowers had all disappeared into their sheaths for the evening! All the other avocados already have fruit on so this one is my late bloomer.
I also have my first 3 little cucumbers on the vine! WHOOT!!!!! YEEHAW!




These aren't all blossoms... my beans are all blooming now but when I took their picture here they were simply growing nicely. The rest are just an update on some of the things left that were shouting at me to take their picture, too!





And just look at these little peaches. *sigh* I sure hope they made it through the wind and the rain. I have a lot of clean up to do tomorrow.

Off to put the munchkins to bed! Enjoy the pics! I can't wait to see everyone elses pictures. Don't forget when I am sweltering and my veggies have given up for the summer you'll be posting baskets and armfuls of beautiful produce! Don't forget to post your pics so I can see your blossoms then! :-)

My back aches just thinking of the chores that need to be done.

See you back here for Harvest Monday!

'Till next time!


Barbie~

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Beautiful! You're in a REALLY fun stage of gardening! Hope to see an amazing harvest soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I figure you're about 2 months ahead of me...and I can't wait! Everything looks really great...

    ReplyDelete