Wednesday, July 8, 2015

It's really happening!

Ok, so I suppose I tell you this is the point where there is no going back.

As I said this past weekend when we were packing up all our belongings and putting them into the cargo trailer that it just seemed like we were cleaning up and moving around, but the stuff just got real....

Going......



GONE!!!

Awww, just look at those pretty apple trees. I'm still not over their demise. Now I have a pit in my stomach as we wait for the heavy equipment to be moved and and they begin construction on the basement.




When we drove away to come home again the sky was dark and ominous. Seemed like I wasn't the only one worried about the situation.  Not that the weather can really tell how we feel, but it sure seemed that way. By the time we got home 7 hours later there were rainbows here and there and I felt a little more comfortable. Still though. If something were to fall through,  yikes.




Instead of focusing on that I'll try to look forward to seeing the construction progressing and knowing that our future is being secured. Yes. That is what I need to focus on. As soon as I know the work has began. Should be by this weekend so at least I won't have to wait long.  We'll be going back in 3 weeks to check on things and hopefully I'll be able to show you the gigantic basement then. The builder seems to think they'll have the walls in by then, and be working on pouring the footer. I'm more inclined to think that there will be a hole in the ground. But, either way progress should be made and then it will get exciting!

See you soon!

Barbie~

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! We had one move where we sold the house and put all of our stuff in storage. We went on a long rafting trip down the Grand Canyon. Three weeks later we closed on our new house. We were homeless for a while. Of course we never had to build a house. I think building is more nerve wracking.

    ReplyDelete