Tuesday, February 5, 2013

For the record.

Yes, for the record. Because if I forget to post it I will forget what type of what plant I have planted. I'm rather BLONDE like that.

A lot of times I plant in blocks. It makes it easier to keep track of what i am planting. It keeps true to the design of "Square Foot Gardening" and after all, that is essentially what I do. I pack as much as possible into a very small space. I ask a whole lot of plants that normally are given more space to perform those same duties. In turn sometimes i learn that those plants can't perform that way. Of course I also learn that some plants perform just fine in half the space that everyone thinks they need. But, it's still a learning process for me.

Anyway- for the record... transplanted 10 Snowball Cauliflower, 2 Jalapenos plants, 2 Bell Pepper plants, 4 better boy tomatoes and 2 Roma tomatoes. I divided 6 of my strawberry plants and transplanted them as well. Unfortunately this was necessary as out of the original 20 divisions about 9 have been uprooted by my feathered gang. I had far less divisions this year... really think I shouldn't have let the garden get so out of hand. UGH.

Still need to transplant 5 beefsteak tomatoes and get the rest of the seeds going so I don't have a lapse. I really need to get the indeterminate varieties paired down but I just can't let go of those wonderful sandwich types. *sigh*

As for other things- I did have a harvest this past week. I harvested 2 zucchini. One baby zuch, and one nice sized one that became dinner upon harvest, so no picture. Sorry!

Still need to work on a few things int he garden. Waiting on baited breath for those seedlings to emerge. It's been chilly the whole week, but sunny - so it should be happening any day now.

See you soon!

Barbie~

No comments:

Post a Comment