Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Birthday Girlies!

Today may be Halloween, but it's also my twinkies birthday. Today they are six years old and they are celebrating with their classmates at school. Cookies were brought in because I just couldn't imagine piling on another giant pile of sugar (frosting and cake) on top of the already laden backpack and satchels of the kids today. Besides, I figure the teachers had enough to deal with. I sent in stickers for each kid, too. That way I don't have to feel bad that they didn't get the expected cupcake - and I get the added bonus of getting those stickers out of my house! (WIN, Win!)

Their birthday party was a thing of miracles this year. In all of my parenting years (soon to be 14) I have never let the kids have an early birthday party. This year? Something told me it was time. So, I did. I am SO GLAD that I did! I mentioned that we were going to see Winter the dolphin, right? We sure did!


Beading/craft activities






Turtle skeleton










Exploring the touch tanks



Holding Winter's Tail!!!


After a long day we decided to cross the causeway over tot he beach and wind up the day with the perfect sunset. The kids played on the beach while I took a few pictures with my camera. That's how I got my new header. They weren't being necessarily cooperative I just told them that we weren't done and they couldn't play until I got a decent shot. So I got my shot, and then they were off like bullets!




But, I'm so, SO SO SO SO glad that we had their birthday party early, because this week? This last week has been a little hectic. Poor little Annah ended up in the hospital with pneumonia, and Kate's whole arm in a cast...

Thankfully everyone is feeling better now and things are getting back to normal. Well, as normal as we are anyway. ;-)

Now we are scheduling appointments for follow-ups and trying to find ways to unstink casts... YUCK. Looking forward to Thanksgiving unplugged in Alabama and trying to figure out what the next step is in the garden. We have a LOT of projects going on considering everything else, and I'm desperately seeking a little help around the house. (I have NO idea where to look for truly dependable persons)

Be back soon.

Barbie~




No comments:

Post a Comment