Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I know better!

I know better. I do.
I should have kept my mouth shut.
I mentioned in a comment to someone that we are almost into our summer pattern of monsoon like weather. Guess what?
 
 
What a crummy thing.
 
We are expecting 5-10 inches of rain this week. That, and I had to get up at 2:30am to turn OFF the sprinklers that were NOT working 2 weeks ago and left my poor veggies gasping and begging for mercy.
 
OYE. I think that Mother Nature is one fickle lady.
It's nice to see the temps below 90, but sheesh. This is not the expense I wanted to pay. Guess I'll go grab the soap and lather up. I need to make something out of this. The only things that will be happy at the end of this week will be the cowpeas and the pitcher plants. Oh! I'll have to move them under cover. They are probably drowning about now.
 
Getting out the oars...
Switching gardening gears to the Summer duldrums. Another 6 weeks and I'll be starting my itty bitty seeds all over again. That's something to look forward to. At least I know that what the rain takes out now is going to be replanted in just a couple months :-) I do love the whole gardening process.
 
See you soon!
 
Barbie~

2 comments:

  1. Nice temps, minus all the rain :( I used to live in Daytona, but didn't garden back then. What have you found that grows best in Tampa?

    ReplyDelete
  2. toads. That is what grows best. :-D

    Seriously most things grow here, it's just a very short season X's 3. Of all things I guess okra grows best if you can keep the ants/aphids from them. Other than that rosemary & guavas are the only thing I grow that is completely trouble free. Guavas grow wonderfully and seem to be pest free, but are hard to get pollinated. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete