Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Ah, a new project!

I've been immersing myself in a few new projects.

One of them is of course the repair of the leaking house....
About a third of the way through this process my poor hubby got an abscess on his leg.

That left me to do all the hard work. Ah - well, I'm OK with that. I'm not loving it, but I'm not a bit afraid of hard work either.

Here the trench is dug and I am ready to put in the elastopolamer coating... at that point I wasn't picking up the camera again. I didn't want to risk my phone not working because I coated it. LOL. It was hot work and the renters took no pity. The dang dryer ran the WHOLE stinking time. GRRRR.. a little bit of sense would have gone a long way here people!!!

So since I now have a white stripe down the house and lots of white lines zigzagging along the side I decided it's time to freshen the look of the house up just a tad... so We'll go from this washed out look ...

To this slightly Spanish look! all by just selecting a slightly brown paint for the base of the home and painting the garage door as well. It really enhances the spicey shutter color as well.

Sorry it's a pic of a pic - but I forgot to save it in the computer. LOL.

That of course got me thinking about my own washed out looking home just down the street....I'm not willing to paint in this heat but when it cools down I've got a project for the fall now!

from this....

To this~!

It's not a drastic change - but one I think the HOA will approve at least. LOL.

'Till next time!
Barbie~

1 comment:

  1. I like the change. Its slight but very nice. I also love a darker shutter.

    ReplyDelete