Tuesday, May 1, 2012

So this is Goodbye.

Goodbye to an Oldie, but a Goodie.

Oh we've had good times, and you've been there for me through thick and thin.
It never seems to amaze me the way you seem to light up when I'm feeling dark.





LOL.
WHAT!?!?!

I can't help it. 170,000 miles is a long time to build a trusting relationship with a car. Seriously. This chicks gotten me there and back and never left me on the side of the road. Not even with a flat tire! 

Well... until now that is. Now it sits in my driveway. It still didn't leave me stranded though.

Only bad news is that it still needs to sit there for another few weeks because we are refinancing our home and the bank said NO WAY! No new car right now! *POUT* So I'm car less for the moment. But, I wanted to say goodbye to her the way she deserved. After all 15 years is a good amount of service.

I hope the next car can say the same.
Hopefully I'll be back sooner rather than later to introduce the next generation.



'Till next time!

Barbie~

3 comments:

  1. Mercedes? I have 3...1958 180D still runs, 1974 240D still runs...1988 560SEL still runs..all have well over 250,000 miles...totally my most favorite car. But I did buy a new car in January 2012 GMC Terrain...just can't see spending all that $$$$ for another Mercedes. By the way...still have the the other cars here on the ranch: our go-to-cars when everything else is in the shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Lynda! It is a Mecedes. I love it to pieces. It's uncomfortable to ride in long distance due to the foam wearing out int he seats and the shocks are a little worn, but it's faithful! We were reallythinking to buy another and getting the diesel engine but we just can't afford that. Oh well! We are looking at a used one though. :-D This is the first time it's shown any sign of trouble and I feel like I'm abandoning it, but with three kiddos and we commute 3 hours a day... I just can't risk that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Way to "use up" that car!! We are big believers in buying a car, taking good care of it and then really wearing it our!!! My truck is now 20 years old and has 215,000 and is still running strong. Our van gets used a lot more and is only 6 years old and is quickly approaching 100,000. We are hoping to get another 100,000 out of it!! If I'm going to spend a ton of money on a car then I dang well better get my moneys worth!!

    ReplyDelete