Friday, February 10, 2012

Weather and Traditions.

'Round my house we have a little tradition.

When the weather finally warms up enough that we think it's warm enough in the evening to eat ice cream we all grab our jackets and head to McDonald's for a hot fudge sundae...with nuts. It's just one of those 'THANGS' that we do. It's kind of preemptive Spring. And, wouldn't you know it as soon as we do the weatherman forecasts one last zip of cold weather to blast our way....

And lookey there.... just like that we are back int he 30's at night! WHAT THE?!?!?!?!


Oh, I give up. But - We did enjoy ourselves on the 60 degree evenings. Guess you can blame me and the kids because 4 days ago they didn't forecast anything below 55! Sorry y'all!  My only hope is that this will help all my cool weather veggies hang in there a little longer.

My peas are setting. :-D Looks like I'll get at least a week - 10 days of them. That gets me giggling.



Oh - and since it's been so warm the bugs are celebrating. I've already seen my first adult leaf footed bug and that doesn't make me happy but I've also seen plenty of lady bugs, butterflies and a few of these little soldiers
At least so far the good and bad are balanced. I get the feeling as the summer continues the bad may be in the winning circle. BLAH.







Meanwhile.. I'm still REALLY enjoying the Orchid trees. Soooo beautiful. *sigh*







'Till next time!

Barbie~

1 comment:

  1. I'm thrilled for our last little blast of cold! Hurry, hurry, hurry sugar snap peas!

    ReplyDelete