Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Don't judge a book by it's cover...

Have you seen this?


I'm judging!

I know that I personally have never paid that price for a book - well with the exception of my college text books. Even 20 years ago they were still over $100 a piece! (not the point but it does age me, doesn't it!?) It's only $40. But it's hard to shell that kind of cash out when you aren't sure what lies inside of this OH so promising cover. Not to mention that technically this would be my first garden purchase for the year. A good book to me is nearly as valuable as my spade.
I've gotta tell you I thinking about booking a date with my husband at the household helm so I can run to the nearest (25 miles) bookstore and see if I can manage to convince myself to buy it. I'm drooling here just thinking of what this book COULD be.  I sure hope it looks as good on the inside as it does on the outside. If you've seen it, have a copy or otherwise think this book looks wonderful let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Check out your local library first. At least you wouldn't be shelling out $40.00 for a book that perhaps isn't worth the money. It looks interesting though, doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm... I bet its a soft cover. So not worth it. I can think of a ton of amazing garden books that ARE worth it. Also, a great place to get great garden/cook books is Anthropologie. They always go on sale for half price even though they are still full price at Barnes & Noble. Also, many used book stores bring in new books and sell them for huge discounts off the cover price.

    ReplyDelete