Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Pioneer Woman

I'm not sure if I should really post this, so I'm trying something new. I'm pretty sure if I posted it it could be like copyright infringement or something so I'm going to try it, then send it to Ree. Don't be surprised if the pose dissapears soon!
 
Not that Ree knows me or anything. Though that would be really cool. I've been following her blog for ages. Watching her kids grow up and...OK. Yeah, that sounds pretty creepy.
 
Here's the thing - She posted about an awning issue she's having and I think I've come up with the perfect answer. Only I have no way to get this answer to her so this is the only way I can think of to do it. Maybe she'll see it, maybe she won't but either way - Hey, I tried. \
 
See, she and her hubby are having a bit of a disagreement on the placement of an awning at a storefront. She loathes it, he loves it. Can I get any kind of sympathy for her here? I mean haven't we all been in this exact predicament before? I mean really? Recently I was in this ... Oh wait this post isn't about me. Right. So anyway. I took one look at her photo and I can see EXACTLY what the problem is. The awning is fully functional which is what Marlboro Man loves. It keeps out rain and sun, but HELLO! It's KEEPING OUT THE SUN. It looks dark and dreary in there. The awning is blocking out the precious light that gives storefronts what they need. LIFE!
 
SO I took the picture and moved the awning where it belonged, at the joint of the 2 stories. This way the ties don't block the texture of the building and the awning doesn't block the texture OR the light. Just look at the difference it makes. Instead of feeling like you are ducking inside it feels open and INVITING!

Here's the before and after:
Pioneer Woman's picture left - after picture right
Hmmm... Now I'll save this and see what it looks like. Then I've got to figure out how to get it to Ree.
Wish me luck!

See you soon!

Barbie~

No comments:

Post a Comment