Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Readers...and RSS feeds

So it seems that Google is getting rid of the 'Reader.' I use this product every day to keep track of all of the blogs that I read on a daily basis.  I use My Yahoo as well, but it isn't nearly as flexible. It wants ONLY RSS feeds and won't accept just a blog page. :-(

I'm pouting. I have to find a new reader product and if I'm going to go through that kind of growing pains, I am going to use only one when I am all said and done.

Why is it when we finally get all comfy with something that it disappears? A manufacturer goes out of business, or our favorite brick and mortar closes it's doors. A sad state of affairs. Of course in this case I think they are just trying to get us to use a paid product versus a free product, but - eh. Guess I'll have to start looking for a new home for my blog as well. I've noticed that since they announced the reader hitch that Blogger is having problems.

Golly. That's daunting. Think I'll just cross my fingers and keep on a blogging for now. Not that I think people would miss me that much, but I'd miss it a bit, and I'd REALLY miss reading everyone else's blog.

OK, off to try to upload my pictures from Alabama.

See you soon!

Barbie~

3 comments:

  1. I hate the thoughts of losing Reader, but I've been playing around with some of the others. Feedly seems to be the highest rated, and I'm using it today. It won't take too much to get used to the change, and it transfers all your subscriptions over with one click. Piece of cake! http://www.feedly.com

    I tried "The Old Google Reader", but it never did update well, and it was nothing like the reader we're so used to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to notice any issues with blogger as of yet. I hope yours gets sorted out! I just read mine from the blogger home page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was also just getting comfortable using Reader only to then find out that we'd be losing it!

    Thanks for the suggestion of Feedly Granny! Will have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete