Monday, June 1, 2015

Harvest Monday 6.1.2015

I just can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that this is JUNE. What? The year is half way over? No way!

I don't have any pictures to share of our harvests this week - But it's been a pretty steady picking of peppers. a few jalapenos and a couple bells as well. The avocados are coming along nicely and a few of those have come in to the table as well. Otherwise it's just eggs and a handful of green beans.

Nothing too exciting, but a whole lotta work has been done around the house. The garden may be suffering for my neglect, but as I mentioned a few weeks ago I'm starting the retaining wall for the raised beds and as it progresses the garden will be put under the new installment of medium. The blocks are going 1 row under the grass and another 3 rows on top of that, making the interior of the bed 12" high.

I can't wait to finish this project. IT promises to make gardening easier, and the back yard easier on my eyes as well. LOL.

That's it for this week. The house painting is finally done, and things are getting back to normal here so I'll share that soon.

See you soon!

Barbie~

1 comment:

  1. I keep thinking of making my back yard prettier too, but I haven't done anything. The compost piles are a bit of an eyesore. I could do something about them. I ought to. My problem is that I haven't figured out what I want to do. I have several ideas but can't choose.

    ReplyDelete